Friday, July 10, 2009

Sick

Inevitably, every year when I come to Africa I get some kind of sickness. This year my diagnosis is a sinus infection. I've had a sore throat ever since I got here, and tried to keep it away with allegra and mucinex, but the doctor told me yesterday with my weakened immune system it was a matter of when I would get the sinus infection, not if. I think we caught it early enough that its not going to be a big deal, and I'm glad I'm getting it now instead of next week when we are out in the bush. Little Jason is also sick, so he and I are staying at the house together and being taken care of by my mom (whom he calls "Nana"). Its so nice to have a mom around when you're sick! So keep us in your prayers - Jason has a 104 degree fever and is just plain miserable. We will take him to the clinic tomorrow to get tested for malaria. My fever is only 100, so I'm not too bad. The big group of Americans for the medical mission arrive tomorrow, and then Monday we will leave for the bush, so hopefully with antibiotics and some r and r we will be well by then.

1 comment:

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

oh I hope you did catch it soon; I had 103 temperature with a sinus infection last week it was not fun; I went and saw baby Ava anyway!!!