Sunday, July 5, 2009

Checking In

There hasn't been much to report the last couple of days. Saturday I woke up with a sore throat and stayed in bed and slept most of the day. My parents and I had a very un-fourth of July - Dad spoke at the Namwianga lectureship and mom and I stayed home, drank tea, played cards, and stayed close to the fire. It has been really really cold here! And since my parents had their house painted last week, we have had to keep the windows open to let the paint fumes out. I've had a blanket wrapped around me at all times, which will not surprise any of you who know me, because I do that even in the middle of summer back home. Anyway, this morning (Sunday) dad woke up sick with a stomach virus which has been going around the mission. I felt better than I had on Saturday, so Mom and I went to church (it lasted for 3 and half hours and most of it was in another language!). Tonight we are doing more of the same - sitting around the fire, Mom working on her laptop, and me reading a book by the fire(I built the fire all by myself since Dad is sick, pretty proud of myself!). Tomorrow should be more eventful - I'm going up to the orphanage to work with the 2 year olds, and the early team of Americans for the medical mission will arrive sometime in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm enjoying reading your updates! And praying that sickness stays away...ick. Can't wait to read more and see more pictures!

Love,
Lesley

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

Greggy girl - I love reading this and these boys are so cute!!!
Also, hello you should know very well how to build a fire; come on didn't CBH teach you that much or are you like HACKETT??!!??