Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quick Update

I know, I've been a terrible blogger lately. But really haven't had much going on. I guess the best news is that I'm feeling a lot better, and would be back to 100% if it wasn't for this cough that won't go away. It probably won't go away til I'm back home and out of all this dust! Its terrible! Mom and I ended up feeling better on Monday and went out for the last two clinic days of the medical mission. I think the total of people that we saw during the medical mission (six days of clinics) was 16, 423. THat's a lot of people considering we only had 4 doctors and about 8 nurses! That number includes people who saw dentists and went to the eye clinic too though. There were also 100 baptisms.
Today I got back from Livingstone after spending one night there with the medical mission team. We went on a sunset cruise and stayed in a nice hotel and I got to take a real shower, which made the whole trip on the bumpy road worth it! When I got back I was missing the boys, so mom took me up to get Jason and George for the afternoon. They were so much fun. I just love listening to them talk to each other in Tonga. I wish I knew what they were saying. I showed them the Aggie t-shirts that David bought them and the next thing I knew they had their shirts off and the Aggies shirts on. They were a little big, but they'll grow into them. I'll post pics later when I find my card reader.
Tomorrow Mom, Dad, and I are going on a quick trip to Lusaka to see some of their friends. I'm just along for the ride. Its always fun to go to the capital city though. Hopefully I'll get to do a little shopping.

1 comment:

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

Sara, it is good that you are coughing because that means fluid is not accumulating and I promise you just ask my lungs that is not a good thing. Glad you are having such a good time. Just bring those boys back with you!!!