Monday, June 22, 2009

Counting Down

One week from Tuesday I depart on my 8th trip to Zambia! After not making the trip last summer (I was going to start grad school, but for some reason that didn't happen :)), I cannot wait to be reunited with my Zambian friends and especially the babies I took care of back in 2007 who are 4 years old now (oh yeah, and my parents-excited to see them too, but i saw them a couple of weeks ago!)! My mom says Jason still remembers me, and points me out in pictures around the house. I can't wait to see how he's changed and hear him actually speaking in sentences now. I'm sad that several of the babies I grew close to won't be there (Bernard, Adrian, Cynthia) because they have been taken home by family members, but so glad they are being taken care of.
I'll be starting up the blog again when I leave, so stay posted for this summer's adventures. Keep those comments coming!

3 comments:

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

I can't wait to read all about it!!! I want to go next summer

Kristi and Ken said...

I'll be following you and look forward to reading about your stories! I want some nice videos too!

Unknown said...

We love you and can't wait to hear about your adventure! Praying for a safe and fruitful trip :)